- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (7 oz)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded or cubed Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook macaroni as directed on package
- While macaroni is cooking, melt butter in 3-quart
saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, mustard and
Worcestershire sauce. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly,
until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk.
Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
Stir in cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
- Drain macaroni. Gently stir macaroni into
cheese sauce. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole. Bake
uncovered 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
Makes 6 Servings (about 3/4 cup each)