- 1 pound Chorizo sausage
- 3 cups Tomatoes, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons Cumin
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Mild green chilies, chopped
- 1 box Oven-ready lasagna noodles
- Brown the sausage, drain, and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, cumin, onion, and garlic to a saucepan. Simmer until the
onion is soft (about 45-60 minutes). Set aside.
- Lightly whip the eggs and stir in the ricotta. Set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Place 1/3 of the sauce in a large casserole
dish. Top with a layer of pasta. Top with the sausage, green chilies, 1/3 of
the sauce, and 1/2 of the Monterey Jack. Top with a layer of pasta. Add the
ricotta mix and top with a layer of pasta. Top with the remaining sauce and
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the top is browned.
This takes a couple of hours to make, but it's worth it.